1. Who is Sidda?
A) A doctor
B) A servant
C) A market vendor
D) A gatekeeper
Answer: B) A servant
2. Where was Sidda when he met Mr Sivasanker?
A) In the bungalow
B) Near the market
C) At the front veranda
D) At the gate
Answer: C) At the front veranda
3. What was Mr Sivasanker brooding over?
A) The servant problem
B) The doctor’s house
C) The market
D) The gate
Answer: A) The servant problem
4. What did Mr Sivasanker think of Sidda’s appearance?
A) He looked tidy
B) He looked bad
C) He looked good
D) He looked average
Answer: A) He looked tidy
5. What did Sidda say when Mr Sivasanker asked where he was before?
A) He was in the doctor’s house
B) He was near the market
C) He was in the bungalow
D) He didn’t answer
Answer: A) He was in the doctor’s house
6. What did Sidda say when Mr Sivasanker asked for the doctor’s name?
A) He didn’t know
B) He refused to answer
C) He gave a fake name
D) He told the truth
Answer: A) He didn’t know
7. Why did Sidda say he was sent away from the doctor’s house?
A) They left the town
B) He was fired
C) He quit
D) He didn’t say
Answer: A) They left the town
8. What did Mr Sivasanker do when he couldn’t make up his mind about hiring Sidda?
A) He called his wife
B) He hired Sidda
C) He fired Sidda
D) He left the decision for later
Answer: A) He called his wife
9. What did Mr Sivasanker’s wife think of Sidda?
A) She thought he was worse than the others they had
B) She thought he was better than the others they had
C) She thought he was average
D) She didn’t say
Answer: B) She thought he was better than the others they had
10. What was the outcome of Sidda’s meeting with Mr Sivasanker?
A) Sidda was hired
B) Sidda was fired
C) Mr Sivasanker left the decision for later
D) It is not mentioned in the text
Answer: A) Sidda was hired
11. Who is Leela?
A) Sidda’s daughter
B) Mr. Sivsankar’s daughter
C) Mr. Sivsankar’s sister
D) Sidda’s wife
Answer: B) Mr. Sivasankar’s daughter
12. What did Leela say when she saw Sidda?
A) “I don’t like him.”
B) “Let’s send him away.”
C) “Let us keep him in our house.”
D) “He looks scary.”
Answer: C) “Let us keep him in our house.”
13. How many meals a day was Sidda given?
Answer: B) Two
14. What did Leela and Sidda play with?
A) A red ball
B) A blue ball
C) A green ball
D) A yellow ball
Answer: A) A red ball
15. What did Sidda tell Leela about the ball?
A) It touched the moon.
B) It touched the sun.
C) It touched from the stars.
D) It touched the sky.
Answet: A) It touched the moon.
16. What did Sidda say would happen to the moon on the ball?
A) It would disappear.
B) It would stick to the ball forever.
C) It would go back to the moon.
D) It would turn into a star.
Answer: C) It would go back to the moon.
17. What does Leela ask Sidda about the moon?
a) Is the moon very dry?
b) Is the moon very hot?
c) Is the moon very wet?
d) Is the moon very cold?
Answer: c) Is the moon very wet?
18. What does Leela ask Sidda about the sky?
a) What is in the sky?
b) Can they touch the sky?
c) Can they see the sky?
d) Can they hear the sky?
Answer: a) What is in the sky?
19. What is Sidda’s response to Leela’s question about touching the sky?
a) He says they can touch the sky from the roof.
b) He says they can touch the sky from the ground.
c) He says they can touch the sky from a coconut tree.
d) He says they can’t touch the sky at all.
Answer: c) He says they can touch the sky from a coconut tree.
20. When does Sidda climb a coconut tree to touch the sky?
a) Whenever there is a big moon.
b) Whenever there is a big sun.
c) Whenever there is a big star.
d) Whenever there is a big cloud.
Answer: a) Whenever there is a big moon.
21. What does Leela ask Sidda about the moon knowing him?
a) Does the moon know you?
b) Do you know the moon?
c) How well do you know the moon?
d) Have you met the moon before?
Answer: a) Does the moon know you?
22. What does Sidda show Leela near the rose plant?
a) The sun.
b) The moon.
c) The stars.
d) The clouds.
Answer: b) The moon.
23. Where does Sidda take Leela to show her the moon?
a) To the roof.
b) To the backyard.
c) To the coconut tree.
d) To the well.
Answer: b) To the backyard.
24. How does Leela react when she sees the moon in the backyard?
a) She claps her hands and screams in wonder.
b) She runs away in fear.
c) She looks at it quietly.
d) She ignores it completely.
Answer: a) She claps her hands and screams in wonder.
25. How does Sidda explain the moon being in the backyard?
a) He says he asked it to follow them about.
b) He says it’s a different moon.
c) He says it’s a reflection of the moon.
d) He says it’s a trick of the light.
Answer: a) He says he asked it to follow them about.
26. What did Leela make Sidda do?
a) Stand up and recite the alphabet
b) Sit on the floor with a pencil and catalogue
c) Write a story
d) Draw a picture
Answer: b) Sit on the floor with a pencil and catalogue
27. What did Leela say when she examined Sidda’s effort?
a) “This is perfect!”
b) “Is this how I have drawn the crow?”
c) “You’re doing it wrong.”
d) “I can’t believe you can’t do this.”
Answer: b) “Is this how I have drawn the crow?”
28. How did Sidda seek relief from Leela’s teaching?
a) By saying her mother was calling her in to dinner
b) By running out of the room
c) By breaking his wrist
d) By crying
Answer: a) By saying her mother was calling her in to dinner
29. What did Sidda do after dinner?
a) He went to bed.
b) He taught Leela.
c) He told stories.
d) He went to work in the garden.
Answer: c) He told stories.
30. What did Leela insist upon?
a) Having Sidda’s company all her waking hours
b) Being left alone
c) Going to school
d) None of the above
Answer: a) Having Sidda’s company all her waking hours
31. Who went out to buy sugar?
B) Leela’s mother
D) Mr. Sivasanker
Answer: C) Sidda
32. What was missing when they came home?
B) Gold chain
Answer: B) Gold chain
33. What did Leela say when asked about the missing chain?
A) She didn’t know
B) She gave it to Sidda
C) She lost it on the way home
D) She sold it for money
Answer: A) She didn’t know
34. What did Leela’s mother do when she found out the chain was missing?
A) She called the police
B) She slapped Leela
C) She searched the house
D) She cried
Answer: B) She slapped Leela
35. What did Leela’s mother do when she had to go back into the kitchen?
A) She left the house
B) She took Leela with her
C) She shouted for Sidda
D) She turned off the oven
Answer: C) She shouted for Sidda
36. Who went to the police station to lodge a complaint?
A) Leela’s mother
C) Mr. Sivasanker
D) The police
Answer: C) Mr. Sivasanker
37. Why did Leela refuse to go to bed?
A) She was hungry
B) She wanted to watch TV
C) She missed Sidda
D) She was scared
Answer: C) She missed Sidda
38. What did Leela ask her mother to tell her a story about?
A) A tiger
B) A monkey
C) An elephant
D) A lion
Answer: C) An elephant
39. Who made a noise of deprecation and asked why Sidda couldn’t sit in their chair?
Answer: b) Leela
40. What did Sivasanker say about Sidda?
a) He was a good worker
b) He was an old criminal
c) He was a friend of his
d) He was a police officer
Answer: b) He was an old criminal
41. Where did the police find Sidda?
a) At home
b) At the office
c) In a park
d) At one of his haunts
Answer: d) At one of his haunts
42. Who was overjoyed to see Sidda when he was brought in by the police?
d) The police inspector
Answer: c) Leela
43. What did the police inspector tell Leela when she ran down the steps to meet Sidda?
a) To stay away from him
b) To give him a hug
c) To ask him where he hid the chain
d) To call the police if she sees him again
Answer: a) To stay away from him
44. What was Sidda accused of?
a) Stealing a chain
b) Stealing money
c) Stealing a toy
d) Stealing food
Answer: a) Stealing a chain
45. Why did Leela ask the policemen to leave Sidda alone?
a) Because she wanted to play with him
b) Because she thought he was innocent
c) Because she was afraid of the police
d) Because she didn’t want to get in trouble
Answer: a) Because she wanted to play with him
46. What did the police inspector offer Sidda if he returned the stolen item?
a) To let him go
b) To give him a reward
c) To reduce his sentence
d) To give him a job
Answer: a) To let him go
47. What did Leela do when the constable took Sidda to the station?
a) She ran after them crying
b) She stayed behind and watched
c) She went to bed
d) She played with her toys
Answer: a) She ran after them crying
48. Where was the chain found?
A) In the kitchen pot
B) In Leela’s room
C) In the garden
D) In the living room
Answer: A) In the kitchen pot
49. How did the chain end up in the tamarind pot?
A) Leela put it there
B) Sidda put it there
C) It fell in accidentally
D) It was thrown in by someone
Answer: A) Leela put it there
50. When Sidda arrived for a job, Mr Sivasanker was standing in the
A) drawing room
C) front veranda
Answer: C) front veranda
51. The expression ‘ran errands’
A) cleaned leaves
B) ran a cart
C) carried out order of regular activities
D) mended shoes
Answer: C) carried out order of regular activities
52. Leela became amazed to see
A) Sidda at his work
B) Sidda playing with her
C) the moon running after them
D) the coconut tree
Answer: C) the moon running after them
53. Sidda claimed that he was adept at
A) controlling the moon
B) controlling the family fall out
C) plying the pencil
D) controlling Leela
Answer: A) controlling the moon
54. “Leela followed her, whining.”The word ‘whining’ means
Answer: B) pleading
55. “Why are you so rough?” -Here ‘you’ refers to
A) Leela’s father
C) the police officer
D) Leela’s mother
Answer: D) Leela’s mother
56. “Leela made a noise of deprecation” -The word ‘deprecation’ means
Answer: A) displeasure
57. In the story, Leela’s Friend, Mr Sivasanker was
A) a big businessman
B) a doctor
C) a teacher
D) an office goer
Answer: D) an office goer
58.Leela followed her mother in the kitchen for
A) a chocolate
B) some fruit juice
C) some milk
D) some sugar
Answer: D) some sugar
59. Sidda was taken to the police station because
A) the police had proof that Sidda stole the chain
B) the police found the chain on Sidda
C) Sidda confessed to steal the chain
D) the police assumed that Sidda stole the chain
Answer: D) the police assumed that Sidda stole the chain
60. To wash the coating of tamarind on the gold chain Leela’s mother went to
Answer: C) tap
61. On that day when Sidda vanished into the night, Mr Sivasanker returned home late by
A) an hour
B) two hour
C) half an hour
D) two and half hour
Answer: A) an hour
62. To search her gold chain Leela looked into
A) her purse
B) her shoes
C) her shirt
D) the kitchen
Answer: C) her shirt
63. Sidda and Leela were standing near
A) the rose plant
B) the jasmine plant
C) the marigold plant
D) the tulip plant
Answer: A) the rose plant
64. Sidda was given four rupees
A) a weak
B) a day
C) a month
D) a year
Answer: C) a month
65. In his behaviour towards Sidda, Sivasanker was
B) proved wrong
C) found impartial
D) found indifferent
Answer: B) proved wrong
66. When the police inspector took Sidda away with them Leela was
A) shedding tears
B) abusing Sidda
C) playing with her mother
D) keeping herself silent
Answer: A) shedding tears
67. .. the fellow already looked queer.” -Here the word ‘queer’ means
Answer: A) strange
68. In the evening Leela arranged for Sidda
A) a cup of tea
B) story telling
C) a class of drawing
D) recitation class
Answer: C) a class of drawing
69. Leela’s box was full of
A) catalogues, pens and chalks
B) illustrated books, cards and pins
C) chocolates, eraser and pencils
D) catalogue, illustrated book and stumps of pencils
Answer: D) catalogue, illustrated book and stumps of pencils
70. At any rate, the fellow looks tidy.” -Here the word tidy’ means
A) neat and clean
Answer: A) neat and clean
70. Leela could draw a kind of
A) dog and cat
B) cat and crow
C) crow and owl
D) cat and cow
Answer: B) cat and crow
71. “I think he is angry with us.”-Here he is-
A) Leela’s father
B) the policeman
C) Mr Sivasanker’s neighbour
Answer: D) Sidda
72. Sidda was caught and brought to Sivasanker’s home after
A) four days
B) seven days
C) five days
D) three days
Answer: A) four days
73. You are not at all a reliable prosecution witness.-Here the person or ‘witness’ refers to
B) Mr Sivasanker
C) Leela’s mother
Answer: D) Leela
74. At the end of the story Sidda proves to be
Answer: B) innocent
75. Mr Sivasanker got a report that Sidda had been in jail for stealing jewellery from
A) young people
B) old people