The Sitaram Jindal Scholarship is a prestigious award offered by the Sitaram Jindal Foundation to support financially disadvantaged students in their pursuit of higher education. The scholarship program was established by the foundation’s founder, Sitaram Jindal, with the goal of providing equal opportunities for education to all students regardless of their financial background. Over the years, the scholarship program has supported countless students in India, enabling them to pursue their academic and professional dreams. In this article, we will provide an in-depth overview of the Sitaram Jindal Scholarship, including its eligibility criteria, application process, benefits, selection procedure, and success stories of its recipients.
History and Goals of Sitaram Jindal Scholarship
Sitaram Jindal Scholarship was started in the year 1974 with the aim of providing financial assistance to deserving students from economically weaker sections of the society. The scholarship is one of the most respected scholarships in India and has helped thousands of students in pursuing their dreams of higher education. The goal of the scholarship is to ensure that no deserving student is denied the opportunity of receiving quality education due to lack of financial resources.
Eligibility Criteria for Sitaram Jindal Scholarship
To be eligible for Sitaram Jindal Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
Academic Qualifications for Sitaram Jindal Scholarship
– Must have secured at least 60% marks in the previous examination.- Must have enrolled in a course that is full-time and recognized by the government.
Financial Background for Sitaram Jindal Scholarship
– The annual family income of the applicant must not exceed INR 4 Lakhs.
Application Process for Sitaram Jindal Scholarship
To apply for Sitaram Jindal Scholarship, applicants must follow the below-mentioned steps:
Application Forms and Deadlines
– The application form is available on the website of Sitaram Jindal Foundation.- The deadline for submitting the application form is usually in the month of April.
Document Requirements for Sitaram Jindal Scholarship
The following documents duly attested by the Principal /Authorised Professor or Lecturer should also be submitted with the Application :
- Photocopy of Marks Card of last examination passed.
- Photocopy of SSLC/HSC Marks Card. (If it does not contain date of birth, any other proof of date of birth to be submitted, additionally).
- Photocopy of Income Certificate (For Category A & B i.e. PUC and ITI students, photocopy of BPL card or Income Certificate should be submitted. For category C,D & E i.e. Graduate , Post Graduate, Diploma, Engineering & Medical students, photocopy of the Income Certificate issued by the competent authorities as designated by the respective State Govts. should be submitted. The Income Certificate should not be more than 4 years old as on date of the application and its validity should be in force. Income Certificate is not required from orphans who will have to submit death certificate of his/her parents.
- Certificate regarding annual fees as per Annexure-VIII.
- Certificate regarding students admission under Govt Merit Quota as per Annexure-VII (in case of B,Sc(Ag), B.Sc(Forestry), BVSC, Diploma, Engineering, Medical & MBA students)
- For hostellers, a certificate from the Warden or owner of private accommodation as per Annexure-IV or Annexure-IX as applicable.
- For physically challenged, certificate from competent authority.
- For widows and Ex-servicemen: i) PPO ii) Ex-servicemen Widow I-Card iii) Relationship Dependency Certificate.
- Application and the Annexures mentioned above are downloadable from our website www.sitaramjindalfoundation.org (Please note that no other documents should be submitted other than the above)
- Other information 1) Family Income Limits:
- For those in employment – Rs.4.00 lakh per year – Salary Certificate issued by the Employer is acceptable.
- For all others – Rs.2.50 lakhs per year – Income Certificates issued by the competent authorities as designated by the respective State Govts. like Tahsildar,Revenue Officer, BDO, Gram Pradhan, President of Village Panchayat etc. are acceptable.
- In case the Income Certificate is issued in any language other than Hindi or English, the student should also submit a translated copy in English or Hindi duly certified by the Principal / Authorised Signatory.
- A student should apply for scholarship only once in the duration of the course.
- Scholarships will be given in all Govt ., Govt. aided Schools, Colleges/ Institutes and those private schools, Colleges/ institutes where exorbitant fee is not charged from the students.
- For 3 years or longer duration courses, applications will not be entertained from final year students.
- Scholarship will not be given for courses of less than one year duration.
- Scholarship shall be discontinued after the student crosses 30 years of age.
Applications should be sent to the address given below:
The Trustee, Sitaram Jindal Foundation,
Jindal Nagar, Tumkur Road, Bengaluru 560073
Note:- Only those application forms which are downloadable free of cost from the Foundation’s website will be entertained.
Application forms separately printed (in Printing Presses) will not be entertained.
Caution: Please ensure information & documents furnished are absolutely genuine and correct, failing which action will be taken as we have stringent system of checking and verification by which some persons were caught and punished in the past.
Application Review and Selection Process
– The applications are reviewed by a panel of experts who select the candidates based on their academic record, financial background, and overall merit.
– The selected candidates are then invited for an interview, and the final selection is made based on the performance in the interview.
Benefits and Opportunities of Sitaram Jindal Scholarship
Financial Benefits of Sitaram Jindal Scholarship
– The scholarship covers the tuition fee, examination fee, and other related expenses.- The scholarship also provides a monthly allowance for books and other academic purposes.
Personal and Professional Development Opportunities
– The scholarship provides an opportunity for the students to pursue their academic dreams without any financial burden.- The scholarship also provides a platform for the students to develop their skills and participate in various cultural and extracurricular activities.
Selection Procedure for Sitaram Jindal Scholarship Recipients
The selection process for Sitaram Jindal scholarship recipients is a rigorous and competitive one. The scholarship is open to students pursuing undergraduate, postgraduate or diploma courses in various streams such as engineering, medical, law, journalism, and social work. Applicants are required to provide academic transcripts, financial records, and personal details to demonstrate their eligibility for the scholarship.
Criteria for Selection of Sitaram Jindal Scholarship Recipients
The criteria for selection of Sitaram Jindal scholarship recipients include academic merit, financial need, and personal circumstances. The scholarship committee takes into account the student’s academic record, family income, and other relevant factors such as disability, single-parent status, and other disadvantages.
Review Process and Notification of Scholarship Award
Once the applications are received, they are thoroughly scrutinized by the scholarship committee. The committee evaluates the applications based on the eligibility criteria and selects the most deserving candidates. The selected candidates are then notified of their scholarship award via email or telephone.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sitaram Jindal Scholarship
1. Who is eligible for the Sitaram Jindal Scholarship?
The scholarship is open to Indian nationals who have secured admission to a full-time undergraduate, postgraduate, or diploma course in a recognized institution in India. The applicant’s family income should not exceed INR 4 lakhs per annum.
2. What are the benefits of the Sitaram Jindal Scholarship?
The scholarship provides financial assistance to cover tuition fees, accommodation expenses, and other related expenses. It also offers personal and professional development opportunities, such as mentoring and internship programs.
3. How can I apply for the Sitaram Jindal Scholarship?
Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website of the Sitaram Jindal Foundation. The application process typically involves filling out an online application form, submitting required documents, and attending a personal interview if shortlisted.
4. When is the deadline for the Sitaram Jindal Scholarship application?
The deadline for the scholarship application usually falls in the month of September. However, applicants should check the official website of the Sitaram Jindal Foundation for the exact deadline and other important dates.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship (SVMCM)
National Scholarship Portal
Merit cum Men’s Scholarship (Minority)
Ananta Merit Scholarship
GP Birla Scholarship
Priyamvada Birla Scholarship
Jagadish Bose Scholarship
Sitaram Jindal Scholarship
KC Mahindra Scholarship
Kind Circle Scholarship
Indian Oil Sports Scholarship
Fair & Lovely Scholarship
Moulana Aajad National Scholarship
Gourav Foundation Scholarship