Anant Education Initiative: Empowering Education for All
Anant Education Initiative was created by Shri Ravindra Chamaria, Chairman of the Infinity Group, in March 2011. The goal of Anant is to help students from economically weaker backgrounds pursue higher education by eliminating obstacles caused by poverty. Anant believes that education is the key to creating a better society.
Anant Merit Scholarship
Anant Merit Scholarship is for students who have completed their Class X and Class XII Board Examinations and are aspiring to pursue higher studies. The scholarship is available to all students, regardless of their caste, creed, faith, or race. Anant has given scholarships to over 5,000 students, including meritorious students from Jadavpur University, Presidency University, BESU, Lady Brabourne College, and schools from across West Bengal. The goal is to reach 100,000 students by 2020.
Anant and Akshaya Patra
Anant has partnered with Akshaya Patra, the world’s largest NGO-run school meal program, to provide financial merit scholarships to deserving and meritorious students from Akshaya Patra schools. Anant gave 500 scholarships to these students across India in 2012.
Support for Scholars
Anant provides scholars with vocational training, soft skills development programs, and workshops for their overall personality development. Anant plans to organize job fairs, assist its scholars in interview preparation, and help them get employed. Anant intends to give a minimum of 50% of the scholarships to girl students and also gives scholarships to physically challenged students.
What You Need to Know About the Anant Merit Scholarship
If you’re interested in applying for the Anant Merit Scholarship, you’ll need to meet the following requirements:
- You must attend school in West Bengal.
- You must have earned at least a 70% average in both your 10th and 12th grade classes.
- Your family’s total income cannot exceed INR 5,000 per month.
- The scholarship is available to students in Madhyamik/ICSE/CBSE/Higher Secondary/ISC/College.
- The scholarship is applicable to all undergraduate courses.
If you’re selected for the Anant Merit Scholarship, you’ll receive INR 6,000 in monthly installments of INR 500. Physically challenged students will be given special preference, and 50% of the scholarships are reserved for girl students.
To apply for the scholarship, you’ll need to have the following documents:
- An attested copy of your Antyodaya Card or a BPL Card, or an income certificate (in original) issued by the Panchayat Pradhan or the Councillor.
- An attested copy of your mark sheet from CBSE/Madhyamik/ICSE/CBSE+/Higher Secondary/ISC/Others.
- Proof of your date of birth, such as a birth certificate or an attested copy of your class 10 and 12 admit card.
- An original income certificate.
- An attested copy of proof of residence or your ration card.
- A disability certificate (if applicable).
- An attested copy of your Aadhar Card.
How to Apply for the Anant Merit Scholarship
To be eligible for the Anant Merit Scholarship, you must go through the following selection criteria:
- Anant Education Initiative selects deserving candidates from its pool of applicants.
- Special preferences are given to deserving physically disabled students.
- Anant’s call centre initiates interviews.
- Selected students will complete banking formalities, with the Initiative of opening an individual bank account for each student.
- The scholarship amount will then be disbursed to these accounts.
Online Application Procedure
To apply for the scholarship online, follow these simple steps:
- Click on the link to go to the official application form for the scholarship.
- Fill up the application form.
- Upload all of the required documents.
- Submit the application form.
Offline Application Procedure
To apply for the scholarship offline, follow these simple steps:
- Download the application form by clicking on the link.
- Take a printout of the application form.
- Fill up the application form.
- Attach all of the required documents.
- Send the application form to the following address: ANANT EDUCATION INITIATIVE, Infinity Think Tank, Tower II, 3rd Floor, Plot A3, Block GP, Sector V, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700091.
Anant Merit Scholarship Renewal
After receiving the first scholarship, applicants can apply for the renewal of the scholarship for the next year on the following terms:
- He or she must have scored at least 70% marks in his/her academics in the last qualifying examination.
- Students scoring below 65% would be disqualified (as exceptions can be made in various cases like medical emergencies, stream change, etc.).
- Students need to submit the related document in case of any above-mentioned case.
Click on the link to check further eligibility criteria for the renewal of the application.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact the Anant Education Initiative at:
Address: Anant Education Initiative, Infinity Think Tank, Tower II, 3rd Floor, Plot A3, Block GP, Sector V, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700091
Phone: +91 33 40050410
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship (SVMCM)
National Scholarship Portal
Merit cum Men’s Scholarship (Minority)
Ananta Merit Scholarship
GP Birla Scholarship
Priyamvada Birla Scholarship
Jagadish Bose Scholarship
Sitaram Jindal Scholarship
KC Mahindra Scholarship
Kind Circle Scholarship
Indian Oil Sports Scholarship
Fair & Lovely Scholarship
Moulana Aajad National Scholarship
Gourav Foundation Scholarship