Nabanna Scholarship Scheme: Financial Assistance for Meritorious Students in West Bengal
What is Nabanna Scholarship?
Nabanna scholarship is a program initiated by the Government of West Bengal to provide financial assistance to students who have passed their Class 10/12 exams or any university examination. The scholarship is awarded every year under the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund to meritorious students who are domiciled in West Bengal and meet all eligibility criteria.
To apply for the Nabanna scholarship, students must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Should be a domicile of West Bengal
- Have passed the last examination from any recognized Board, Council or the University of West Bengal, and continuing their study from any recognized institution in West Bengal
- Scored 50% and above but less than 60% marks in aggregate in Madhyamik (Class 10) examination for +2 level
- Scored 50% and above but less than 60% marks in Higher Secondary (Class 12) examination for undergraduate level
- Scored 50% and above but less than 53% marks in Graduation for postgraduate level
- The annual income of a student’s family should not be more than INR 1,20,000
- Must not be in receipt of any other government (central/state) scholarship or stipend for the same course or stage of study during the last year
The application process for Nabanna scholarship is offline. Students who want to apply for the scholarship scheme can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Prepare an application on plain paper with all relevant details
- Attach all the required documents with your application
- Send the duly signed application with all the attested documents to – The Assistant Secretary, Chief Minister’s Office, ‘Nabanna’, 325, Sarat Chatterjee Road, Howrah – 711 102
List of Required Documents
While applying for the Nabanna Scholarship, the students must attach a set of documents in support of their application. These documents include:
- Photocopy of tuition/admission fees book
- Copies of mark sheets of all previously passed examinations
- Copies of rank card & allotment letter of selection committee (only for JEE or equivalent examination)
- Copy of recommendation stating monthly family income of the student from MP/MLA to the Hon’ble Chief Minister
- Self bank account details (IFSC Code, Branch Code, Branch Name, Account Number, Bank Name) with photocopy of bank passbook
- Copy of monthly family income certificate from DM/ SDO/ BDO / Group-A Govt. Officer not below the rank of Joint B.D.O./ Deputy Commissioner of Corporation/ Executive Officer in case of Municipality
- Self-declaration of the student regarding his/her present course of study mentioning year/semester and receipt of any scholarship/aid/assistance countersigned by the head of the present institution with seal
- Contact details with mobile number
Note: The photocopies of all the documents are required to be attested by a Group-A Government officer.
Selection Process and Funds Disbursement
Students for Nabanna scholarship scheme will be selected on the basis of their last examination percentage and their family’s financial condition. After submitting the application form, it will take three or more months for the completion of the process. The scholarship request will be examined by the CMRF Cell of the Chief Minister’s Office. It may be sent to the District Magistrate or Commissioner of Police, Kolkata for further verification.
The selected students will receive the scholarship amount in their respective bank accounts.
Note: The sanctioning of financial help is a one-time grant and is provisional. The authority can cancel the prior sanction anytime without giving any reason thereon.
What is the grant amount provided under Nabanna scholarship scheme?
The Nabanna scholarship is provided by the West Bengal Chief Minister Relief Fund WBCMO. Students who have applied for the scholarship will get INR 10,000 per year for their current course.
How can I apply for the Nabanna scholarship 2022?
If you fulfil the eligibility criteria for Nabanna scholarship, you can easily apply for the scholarship offline. Prepare an application on plain paper, attach copies of required documents, and send it to the WBCMO office address by post.
Students who wish to apply for Nabanna scholarship 2023 can send their application form with all required copies to the below address:
The Assistant Secretary,
Chief Minister’s Office,
325, Sarat Chatterjee Road,
Howrah – 711 102
Furthermore, if you want to seek suggestion or enquire anything, you can call on the given below numbers:
Telephone: (033)2214 1902 or (033) 2253 5278
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship (SVMCM)
National Scholarship Portal
Merit cum Men’s Scholarship (Minority)
Ananta Merit Scholarship
GP Birla Scholarship
Priyamvada Birla Scholarship
Jagadish Bose Scholarship
Sitaram Jindal Scholarship
KC Mahindra Scholarship
Kind Circle Scholarship
Indian Oil Sports Scholarship
Fair & Lovely Scholarship
Moulana Aajad National Scholarship
Gourav Foundation Scholarship